Friday, November 25, 2011

Dallas November Visit

On Veterans Day, Lil' D and I embarked on our first road trip together without Nicholas. We left around Lil' D's morning nap time, and he napped the whole way to Brenna's house (3 hours)! What a super baby! We stopped by Brenna's house to see all the construction progress (a new breakfast room and longer kitchen counter space). We had lunch and enjoyed some girl time/catching up while Lil' D enjoyed eating, drinking, and then playing in Mommy's car.
We went over to my parents house for the afternoon/early evening and spent time with aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents.
Teaching Uncle Logan how to play "Arms Up."
We spent the night in a hotel. My, my it is a lot of work toting a baby and all the baggage that accompanies us into a 3rd floor hotel room! I left my rolling cart in the room all night since I knew I would need it the next morning, and Lil' D really needed to go to sleep!
Sunday morning we enjoyed breakfast and packed up to head back to my parents house.
We had lunch with my friend, Jeff, who had not met Lil' D yet. Lil' D, true to form, was a very entertaining eater! After lunch, Logan and I took Lil' D and Baby A to the Dallas Zoo. It was Baby A's second trip and Lil' D's first! It was a short trip, but both babies enjoyed the adventure!
After the zoo, we went back to my parents house for more visiting and dinner.
Aunt Kendall, I love your new hair color!
After dinner, I readied Lil' D for bed, and we began our journey back to Austin. Lil' D slept most of the way. Unfortunately I had to stop for gas, and of course, he woke up. But I was entertained by a baby that was happily waving at me through the back window! We got home, and Daddy put Lil' D to bed. He slept all night long. Sunday morning we got him out of bed to find he had a stomach bug! I am so thankful that I drove home Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment