Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Lists

Putting together Christmas lists is always difficult for me. I think of things throughout the year, and I always tell myself I should write it down. Or I think I will put it away in the "Christmas List" spot of my brain for retrieval later when I actually go to write the list. Inevitably, that part of my brain stays locked when I put my fingers on the keyboard. Now I have three Christmas lists to put together...

How do you write a Christmas list as a 30 year-old new mom?
  • The last book I picked up explained what to do for a vomiting child. I have tried many times since Lil' D was born to pick up a book, but I always lose interest, and I like to spend more than 5 minutes at a time reading a book, anyway! I spend most of my free time blogging, editing pictures, and scrapbooking about Lil' D!
  • I am old enough now to buy things for myself throughout the year.
  • Many things I want can't be wrapped and put under the tree...bye-bye lingering baby weight; for my blonde-haired, blue-eyed alarm clock to wait until at least 6AM to ring; to spend all day everyday taking pictures of said alarm clock; the luxury of travel without the price tag; the ability to take a nap without waking up to regret it; time for more than a 30 minute workout; time with my husband, in the middle of the day.
  • I really want it to be 100+ degrees for over half the year. I want to wear sweaters, layers, and accessorize! 
  • I want time to do all the things in the kitchen that want and for my groceries to be delivered.
I find myself needing/wanting fewer "things." What I really want is to spend time playing with my baby (and taking pictures of him)!

No comments:

Post a Comment