Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dertien Update

Things have been busy and lively around this Dertien household. There are still lots of things to do to get ready for baby, but I am sure we will finish everything that really HAS to be done. Nicholas just finished priming the nursery, and now it is ready for him to paint.
Nicholas spent the two weeks before Thanksgiving participating in the East Austin Studio Tour. He made some great networking connections and got an amazing response to his work. It was an exhausting couple of weeks, but I think Nicholas is all rested up. I, however, will not be well rested for many, many years to come!
I thought I finished Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago, but there are still a few stragglers, and we adopted a couple children from the Adopt-a-Family program at church. I keep joking about writing a blog post on how I collect children. The number of children on my Christmas shopping list seems to grow every year, but I love buying gifts for all my little children. It brings me such joy!
We have been working on decorating the house for Christmas. We went and got our first real Christmas tree on Sunday, but more on that later.
Happy last day of November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment