Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School

August. A few short years ago August meant long hours of being out in the sun for marching band practice the two weeks before school, drinking lots and lots of water, getting a farmers tan, sweating profusely, and loving every minute. In college, August meant packing and moving to a new place and most likely new people...then Longhorn football.
For the moment, school doesn't really rule my life. Aside from all the school children that surround me, August is really not much of a "change" for me anymore. August for me now pretty much means severe heat and how to avoid it (especially when I am pregnant). Since we won't be moving anytime soon, that feeling of starting over like that will lay dormant for awhile.
Nonetheless, I still see August as a gateway to Fall and some of my favorite things: football, the promise of cooler temperatures (which is laughable in Texas), football, at least one Federal holiday every month, orange decorations, pumpkins/squash/apples, and a little travel.
I love new beginnings, the changes of the seasons, and college football.

No comments:

Post a Comment