Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Matthew

Dear Matthew,
I cannot believe you are about to graduate from 5th grade! You were two years old when you stole my heart at Elsass Academy. I loved coming into Ms. Vardi's classroom to play with you and all your 18 month to 2 year old friends. You were all so cute!
Through the last two years of college, I always has a carseat waiting in the car for you. I loved when you and I were alone in the car on the way home from Elsass. We always had great conversations about your day and practiced spelling your name. I have fond memories of of spending time with you, John and Kathryn doing all kinds of stuff: bowling, swimming in my apartment pools, going to the movies, playing tennis, rollerblading and bike riding through the neighborhood, and seeing how many ice cream cones you could eat at Jason's Deli.
I have enjoyed watching you play tee-ball, and now baseball, become quite the Show Choir performer, play basketball, learn to spell and write your name, learn to read and now have lengthy discussions on books. You are growing up so fast!
I am so happy to have you as a part of our wedding, and you looked dashing in your tux! I am anxiously awaiting more guitar recitals, and I can't wait to see you playing the oboe.
Matthew, I am so blessed to be a part of your life. I look forward to continuing to watch you grow and mature. You should also know that you leave the BEST voicemails, and are the #1 person I enjoy telling happy news to. Do you remember when I sent you a Vince Young Texas jersey for your birthday? I wish I had saved the "thank you" voicemail you left for me! It left me smiling for weeks! It went something like, "Oh my gosh, Dana! That is so awesome! I am so happy. This is the best gift ever!" Do you remember when Nicholas and I told you we were moving back to Austin? You started screaming and jumping up and down on the couch--quite possibly the best reaction EVER!
Thank you for being sweet, wonderful, and talented Matthew! Congratulations on your 5th grade graduation. You are going on to wonderful things, and I will be in the stands cheering you on no matter where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment