Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Icy Breath

I just filled up my gas tank yesterday for the first time in over 3 weeks. Even though I drive everyday, I don't really drive that far (yeah for Rhode Island). The downside to not having to drive very far in the winter is that you are not in the car long enough to warm it up. What's worse is that you have icy breath inside the car that fogs up the windows faster than they will defrost. I read somewhere in a "being green" article that you only should leave your car running idle for 30 seconds in the morning. I have to be honest that I rarely get out of the house in time to let the car run for more than 30 seconds. It is, however, a little disconcerting when I scrap the ice and/or snow off my windows but then lose visibility while I am driving because of my icy breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment