Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Goodbye Christmas

I finished un-decorating from Christmas today. Nicholas got home just in time to lend a much appreciated hand. I don't usually wait this long to take down the decorations, but we were away from our apartment for several weeks. It was nice to enjoy them. I also have to say that a snow covered ground doesn't inspire the busy bee in me. I did rearrange our room on Sunday to get Nicholas' dresser out of the closet so he could use his side of the closet better. I was more than happy to oblige since it means that he will be able to access all his clothes, and not just the sweaters at the top of the pile!

I took down all the Christmas decorations, but I did leave up snowmen. Thanks to Andrea, I am inspired to decorate year-round. Besides, if there is snow on the ground, I am definitely allowed to have snow people in the house, right? I remember doing Snowman art projects with my preschoolers in Texas. It is laughable now...snowmen in Texas. There were several times that it "snowed" enough in Dallas to make a snowman growing up. Nothing beats seeing a snowman in a yard surrounded by green grass.

1 comment: