Friday, May 17, 2013

Pick Up to Naptime

Monday when I picked Lil' D up from preschool we had quite an exciting ride home. Ms. Claudia told me Lil' D didn't eat his leftover pizza at lunch. As we were walking to the car, Lil' D proclaimed, "I eat all my pizza, Mommy!"
Me: But Ms. Claudia said you didn't like your pizza.
Lil' D: Oh. I eat all by gapes, Mommy!

In the car, I hand Lil' D a kleenex to blow his nose. He promptly put it on his head.
Lil' D: Look, Mommy. I'm a pincess. I'm a pincess!
Me: You're a princess?
Lil' D: Yeah. I'm a pincess!
Me: Adorable.

While singing songs together--

Me: Old MacDonald had a farm. e-i-e-i-o. And on that farm he had a pig. e-i-e-i-o.
(at the same time Lil' D said duck instead of pig, but I didn't really hear him)
Me: With a "oink oink here"
Lil' D: No, Mommy! A duck not say "oink oink." A duck say "qack qack."

Then I moved onto Shine, Jesus, Shine...trying to get him to sleep. I sang a few lines before Lil' D jumped in--
Lil' D: Stop singing that, Mommy! Stop singing (in perfect tune) Shine, Jesus, Shine. Fill dis land wif da faders glory. Baze spirit baze. Set our hearts on fire. Flow river flow...Okay, Mommy? Stop singing that!
**Note, he wanted me to stop singing it because it puts him to sleep. :)

I continued to sing songs trying to put Little Boy to sleep. As we are exiting the highway to go to our house, he closes his eyes, but opens them again when get to the stoplight. I decide to drive a little past our neighborhood thinking he might fall asleep if I keep driving. As we pass the construction across the street from our neighborhood--
Lil' D: I see a giant excavator, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment