Sunday, July 17, 2011

Top Ten Thursday--Revisted

This post originally ran Thursday, February 4, 2010. I have updated below the results of our actual travel in 2010.

Top Ten Thursday


Top Ten Thursday during the month of February is dedicated to things I love love love!

This Week: States I would love to have on my visited in 2010 list

10. Washington D.C.--Granted, not actually a state, but still. Plus, I have already been there this year. :)

I visited Washington D.C. in January 2010 with Beth and LJ Turman for LJ's Air Force Band Competition.

9. Maryland--The ride to/from the Baltimore Airport is much more exciting in an Escalade than the backseat of a taxi.

I rode from D.C. to the Baltimore Airport in January 2010. That counts.

8. Massachusetts--because I have been there every year since 2006, and I am starting to miss Stop 'N Shop where I could scan my groceries as I shopped.

Nicholas and I took LJ to Boston in February 2010 for his Boston University college audition.

7. Rhode Island--I miss the weather, our church, our friends, and the cute kiddos.

Nicholas and I visited Rhode Island in February 2010 after taking LJ to Boston. We spent a few extra days in a Holiday Inn Express because Nicholas had the flu! We also visited Rhode Island again in October 2010 when I was 5 months pregnant.

6. Minnesota--Home to the cutest blonde twins, my BFF birthday mate, and Mall of America.

Nicholas and I visited Minnesota in August 2010. It was my first 2nd trimester plane ride!

5. Wisconsin--It's next to Minnesota, I've never been there, and I was promised that on my next trip I could go to there.

We didn't actually make it to Wisconsin during our Minnesota trip, but we did go to Stillwater, MN. You can see Wisconsin across the lake. That almost counts.

4. Illinois--It's home to Chicago and the site of a weekend girls trip with my gal pals from Rhode Island.

I visited Chicago in April 2010 for my RI girls trip with Liz, Kate, and Andrea.

3. California--My little nephew is all grown up and graduating high school!!

Nicholas and I went to California June 2010 for my nephew, Timmy's graduation.

2. Alabama--The dome home keeps progressing, and my aunts aren't diligent about sending pictures. I will probably just have to go see it in person. :)

We didn't make it to Alabama in 2010. Some of our travel plans got a little derailed due to Lil' D's entry into our lives (and silly work).

1. Washington--The actual state...I've never been there, but it's the Mecca of glass, so it's inevitable I will find my way there sometime soon. Why not this year?

We also did not make a trip to Washington State in 2010, but 8 out of 10 states...not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment