Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Official

I was officially cleared by my doctor on Monday. Lil' D is 6 weeks old, and we are officially no longer postpartum. That being said, here are some things I am looking forward to doing now that I am no longer pregnant and officially healed from birthing my beautiful 10 pound baby boy!

  • EXCERCISE!!!! I exercised while I was pregnant, but I have missed a serious high-cardio workout. We have been taking walks around the neighborhood, but right now I am walking about a 26 minute mile!! Oh My!!
  • Regaining a little muscle definition.
  • Sipping margaritas. I am nursing, so I will not be drinking much, but I have missed a little margarita with my Tex-Mex.
  • Bending over. Okay, I have been able to bend over since the baby was born, but that last month of being pregnant I couldn't bend over. Now I can tie and put on my own shoes, shave my legs, and reach the spare toilet paper in the powder bath!
  • Painting. I know it is hard to believe that there are still surfaces in our house that need painting, but there are. There are some touch-ups I want to do and some trim that needs repainting. AND...I want to finish the nursery. The nursery needs freshly painted trim and DECORATIONS! Hopefully we can get that all together in April after Nicholas finishes working on his gallery shows.
  • Enjoying my closet full of shoes---I was pretty much down to only two pairs of shoes towards the end of the pregnancy because my feet were swollen. I am in denial that my shoe size changed, mostly because I like my shoes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment