Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears

Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears is the story of a mosquito who whispers a tall tale into the ear of an iguana. The iguana, not wanting to hear such nonsense, plugs his ears with sticks. The iguana fails to hear the python call to him. The python assumes that the iguana is angry with him and plotting some mischief. This causes the python to hide in a rabbit hole which disturbs the rabbit. This chain of events goes until a baby owl is killed as a result of the confusion.
The King Lion tries to resolve the problem of who killed the baby owl, and the antics of the animals are then unraveled. The end of the story finds the animals angry with the mosquito, who was responsible for causing all of the chaos in the first place. To this day, the mosquito buzzes in people's ears as if to say "Zeee! Is everyone still angry with me?"

I have been thinking about mosquitoes a lot the past few days. I have about 10 bites on my legs. I am not really a fan of mosquitoes and really haven't had this many bites at one time in a very long time. I used to read this book to my class at the daycare and thought it was a great take on the plight of mosquitoes. I have also heard people say that God didn't create mosquitoes...they were a result of "The Fall." All I know is that I will spend a good portion of my life trying to stay away from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment